Friday, December 31, 2010

New Year's Resolutions


Its that time again!
My resolutions for the year 2011 is divided up into three categories. Body, Mind, & Spirit. Because if you think about it, if you're going to resolve to make major changes in your life, then you might as well make sure you're not neglecting an area of your life. Or at least thats what I thought :)

1. Body:
Quit Smoking.
Cigarettes are just so bad for me. I know this, everyone knows this. I don't need them in my life and they're just an unnecessary expense that my health pays for.
Eat More Mindfully.
No more junk food binges or late night munchie runs. I'm done with McMystery meat and sugar and processed crap and chemicals tossing my body into a confusion. I want to start eating foods closer to their raw form, possibly cutting out all processed foods altogether. Cupcakes and my other baked goods are always excluded from diets though of course. :P
Treat myself more often.
I hardly ever go out and do something nice for myself. Shopping, manicures, massages, haircuts, etc. I'd like to devote a small percentage of my income to pampering myself every now and then when I feel like I've earned it.

2. Mind:
Read More.
I think I like the idea of devoting each month of year 2011 to a different book I've been interested in but "never had the time" to actually read.
Go back to school.
SWIHA in Tempe sounds good. I'd love to go for some fun, educational classes. Or even a community college for some basic non-electives. Something like that. Not really the MOST important thing to me.
Blog More.
I miss my blog.. I miss sharing my adventures and thoughts in this public scrapbook called Blogger.

3. Spirit:
Move out.
by the time I turn 21 in October. This is realistic.. so long as I budget correctly, SAVE, and I manage to find as many roommates as I need, when I need them. Having my own place has been my dream since I was 16. Its a lot of expenses, I know.. But my my wings have been spread too far for this nest for a while now. Hopefully in 2011 I can get it right finally. This is probably the most important resolution to me. So I might have to get another job to make it happen.
Create my sanctuary and spend time in it.
I need a space or area in my home where I can relax, drink tea, burn incense, play spiritual music and simply read or meditate.

No comments: