Friday, June 12, 2009

Bibles, God & Mt. Dew at 2AM

Last night i felt compelled to connect with God somehow.. I thought about cracking open my Bible but couldn't for the life of me think of where to even start. Somehow, when you're out of touch with God or you haven't been reading your Bible on a regular basis, it seems like the most difficult task in the world to just pick it up and start reading. I know there's some great books in there and chapters that i've read over and over because of how they speak to my heart, but for some reason, the Bible seemed like a brick wall that i didn't have the tools to scale it with. It even seemed ridiculous and pointless to even attempt it.
So i ended up praying instead. What do i pray about? Well i don't know really.. a mix of random things and typical things I assume.. 
I prayed that God would make me into the woman that would make a perfect mate with whomever I'm destined to marry.
I thanked God for a comfortable bed to sleep in and people that care about me.
I prayed that He would bring me closer to him and give me knowledge and wisdom.
I prayed that He would help me to be pure and good, but when I mess up, to give me a repentant heart.
I prayed that He would especially help me to lose all remaining bitterness and to help me see those people through His eyes. And that if there was to be justice, that I would be at peace and know that God is the punisher of evil, not me. haha :]   (jk?)


---- REVELATION ----
i should just be kind to all of my enemies, like the Bible says!
Then it'll be like "heaping hot coals upon their heads"
I don't know what they quite meant by that.. and how literal/figurative/metaphorical that is... but I like it. muaha!

ooohhh boy. I think that last part means I still need to work on forgiveness and bitterness.
Bummer. haha :]

No comments: