Sunday, October 19, 2008

Stamped Tea Towels



Whoa! I just discovered this while gazing through Design*Sponge - a cool modern design blog. But its such a great idea! So I think I'm going to make these for Christmas presents for the women in my family. When you're as poor as me, this idea sounds GREAT because 100% cotton hand towels only cost about $3 each. 
These towels are not all 100% cotton (tisk tisk), but they only cost $25 for three each of three different types of towel fabric at Target
I thought these ones were probably the best buy out of all the ones I found. Like the Target ones, 9 of them only cost $25 and they're 100% cotton "floursack" material ( I love it! Floursack reminds me of my grandma's house and baking cookies). But the best part is, you can mix and match with different colors like the ones below. I found these at Amazon by the way.


These ones are nice too. A bit cheaper, 6 for $15, and they're unbleached so the cotton really comes through and it also adds a nice vintage look to it. Check them out at The Towel Place


Now I just need to figure out how to make my own stamps or find some that are cheap but still look amazing and hand-carved. Oh the dilemma.. At least I have till Christmas.

No comments: