1 1/4 Cups all purpose unbleached flour
1/2 Cup white sugar
1/2 Cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 stick of butter (room temp)
1/2 Cup milk (room temperature important)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 large cage-free, hormone-free eggs (room temperature important)
4 oz. bittersweetchocolate chips (melt it and leave it sitting for 15 minutes before using it)
1. Cream together the butter and sugars.
2. Add in the room temp. eggs and mix till smooth.
3. While mixing, gradually pour in melted chocolate.
4. Add and alternate the flour and baking powder with the milk and extract.
5. Use 1 in. ice-cream scoop to fill mini muffin cups halfway and bake at 325 F for about 15-17 minutes.
Once crumpets are cooled, you can fill with plum filling and top with cream cheese frosting OR you can fill them with mushed bananas and top them with peanut butter (I recommend having a glass of soy milk handy though, its pretty rich and thick). Or you could simply leave them plain chocolate and sift some powder sugar over them while they're still moist from the oven.